Monday, July 19, 2010

But not really

Dalt had to work a side job today and the kids are at their dad's until tomorrow (except Katie; she opted to stay home since she didn't want to stay the extra days), so it's just me and the dogs. Katie stays in her room except to eat, shower and do laundry.

It's been an uneventful day; a continuous loop of playing around on my laptop, watching the Food Network and munching. Peanut butter toast for breakfast, Lean Cuisine (tortilla encrusted fish and veggie/rice smothered in crushed red pepper flakes) for lunch and an orange and a handful of raw almonds for a snack. Maybe that will make up for the slice of cake smothered in ice cream and caramel sauce I'm planning for dinner.

Dalt's home now, napping with the dogs before he has to go to the fire station this evening for their regular Monday night meeting. 

The house is very quiet.

I remember days when I had a teenager, a pre-teen, a second-grader, a toddler and a nursing baby at home. TV's blared, doors slammed, the phone was always ringing and somebody always needed a band-aid on something. I had been either pregnant or breastfeeding for an entire decade, I was certain the day would never come when I didn't have a child in diapers, and the phrase "What's for dinner?" could bring tears to my eyes. Sleep was just a cruel rumor and the only time I had to myself was the 10.4 seconds it took me to go to the bathroom.

Those were the days. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home