Friday, November 25, 2005

Vegas showgirl is out of the question, pretty much

I think I’m going to have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up – soon.

I’m surrounded by people who already know. They’ve found their niche. They’re settled in jobs they do well, jobs they love. Do they realize how lucky they are?

There are those who have careers others have picked out for them. I’m not sure why that is; I wish people wouldn’t do that. It not only screws up the person pressured to do what they don’t really want to, it screws up the ones around them who like what they’re doing.

My old nemesis, the bad editor, was like that. The first day I met her, she said the only reason she’d gotten a degree in journalism was because her mother picked it out for her. That is truly crappy. She is not good at it and her incompetence screwed me out of a job. I’m sure there is something in the world she would be really good at, something she’d be happy doing.

Now, if I could just figure out what that would be for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could see what the dink dink dink is all about. :)

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home