Tuesday, December 27, 2005

We didn't have marshmallows, but there were weenies to spare

My first car chase/manhunt last night, a forest fire today. It doesn’t get much better than this. Although I did break my own cardinal rule of covering forest fires – I wore flip-flops. But it was only because I was in a huge hurry to get out the door and my feet were still sore from marathon last minute Christmas shopping.

At approximately 3:00 this afternoon, I was mudding across a pipeline in a fire truck (not a big one.) I got to drive my truck down a ridiculously narrow dirt path, send firefighters scattering by pointing my camera at them, and shoot the breeze with some of my favorite people.

After squishing through mud in my unfortunate choice of footwear, I went exploring down a trail through the woods and got some amazing photos. Then there was more mudding, followed by very cool pictures of flames along the burn line laid out by the Forest service guys.

It did not suck. I still smell like a campfire.

I’m going to take an insanely hot bubble bath now.


Note: No one was hurt and no property was lost during the making of this memory.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, every time you do something like wearing flip flops to a forest fire, Engle tells me like I'm your mother and he's your father...
So if you think nobody cares, think again ;)

Can't wait 'til you're a radio star! Don't worry about BB - he's a man - you can handle him!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home