Sunday, April 16, 2006

How I Spent My Easter Vacation

Friday: I worked. (I'm beginning to suspect that there are no holidays in radio.)

Saturday morning: I got up at 6 am so Katie (my 11 year-old) and I could be at Liberty Municipal Park by 8:30 am to help with KSHN's annual Easter Egg Hunt. We made it slightly before 9. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although the enomous wave of kids plowing across the egg covered field was... a little intimidating.

Saturday afternoon: Katie and I were back in Cleveland by noon and decided to go by WalMart to get the things we needed to take to Mom's house for our overnight stay. (The whole family was going to spend the night at my Mom's in Houston to celebrate my brother's birthday and Easter.) It was insane. There wasn't a parking spot to be found and inside it was a free-for-all of last minute Easter shoppers battling for the few remaining boxes of marshmallow chicks and pre-filled plastic eggs.

Saturday evening: We ate chicken wings, french fries and chili con queso and drank beer al fresco in my mom's backyard screened-in cabana room. There was a nice breeze and she has a beautiful yard - the sunset was spectacular. Then it was cake and presents for Vic and we watched "Fun With Dick and Jane". My brother Darrell showed up when I was on my way to bed a little before 10. I played nice for a few minutes and went to bed. Savannah decided to kick the crap out of me all night, so it wasn't pleasant.

Sunday morning: We ate eggs and pancakes, cleaned up and played some dominoes in the little room outside. We took a break to watch "Boondock Saints" before my uber-religious sister arrived.

Sunday afternoon: We didn't start the movie soon enough. She got there and prayed for us, then retreated to the kitchen where Katie got to listen to her complain about our heathen ways until it was over. We ate dinner and finished our game of dominoes. Then we packed up and went home.

Note: For brevity's sake (and my sanity) I'm skipping most of the details that would illustrate why when you look up "dysfunctional" in Webster's Dictionary there is a picture of my family. But trust me on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home