Sunday, April 02, 2006

4-Wheelers, smiles, and time changes

I went to a party yesterday with my family. The sun was out and it was a gorgeous day. We were at my niece's house on a nice piece of land with hills and the kids were all riding 4-wheelers.

My 5 year-old daughter, Savannah, has been having a hard time with me working so much and has become very clingy and whiny lately. She stuck right by me as usual, at first. Pretty soon I got caught up chatting and lost track of where she was. I'm so used to her being right on top of me most of the time that it was kind of a shock to realize she wasn't.

I looked around, and there she was. Holding on to her sister for dear life on a four-wheeler, barreling down a hill, blonde hair streaming in the wind, and a huge smile on her face. It was beautiful.

A little while later, Katie, my 11 year-old daughter, asked me to ride with her down to the river. I climbed on behind her, held onto a metal bar under my butt, and it was my turn to go barreling down the hill with a smile on my face.

It was pretty cool being driven around by my daughter. She only scared the crap out of me a couple of times, and I never let her know it.

About the time change. I like the days being longer. I hate losing an hour of sleep. It's stupid. They should leave it one way or the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home