Sunday, August 06, 2006

Climbing Mount Washmore

Laundry sucks. And it multiplies like jack rabbits on a Saturday night.

My favorite is finding the load that was in the dryer shoved into an overflowing basket on the floor so a mystery person could put another load into the dryer.

The identity of this person will never be known because he is evidently invisible and has no other proclivities aside from undermining my laundry efforts. Ask any member of my family.

Now the clothes are hopelessly wrinkled and mixed with dirty ones. They will have to be re-washed. And of course the planet would stop rotating on its axis if anyone but me ever folded clothes.

We are officially in day 3 of Topamax withdrawal.

5 Comments:

Blogger psycho_aide said...

i seem to have the same problem. Plus one my socks are always eaten by either the washer or the dryer.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Ah see, you have those little ghosts at your house too! The "it wasn't me" ghost and the "not me" ghost! those come to my house too the little buggers. Then you have the gremlin in the dryer that eats socks. Now, where the heck could that sock go??? Seriously? and why just one? AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

8:20 PM  
Blogger Cas said...

Here's the thing. There is a vortex within every home - think of it as the Bermuda Triangle of laundry - that eats socks, favorite panties, and bras. The vortex is strengthened by an atmosphere of stress, such as running late for work or an important appointment.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Master of My Own Small Universe said...

Amazingly, those "ghosts" have not visited my humble abode, but then again I live by myself.

Just one of the many things I have to be thankful for...

9:50 PM  
Blogger psycho_aide said...

No DL you just have a son who eats blinds!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home