Monday, July 24, 2006

K-K-K-Katie

There is a particularly cool female I really enjoy in my life. She is tall, beautiful, funny, totally together, and I have no idea how she came out of me. She is my daughter. And she amazes me every day of our lives together.

The first thing I noticed about her was that she sounded like a girl when she cried. I'd only been around baby boys when she was born, (she has two big brothers), and I was surprised that her voice sounded so feminine.

She used that voice from a very young age. She was singing before she could walk and her first sentence came at the ripe old age of a year and half. That's
when I discovered she actually listened to my prattle as I went about my housework. I always talked to her, even though I thought she couldn't understand a word I was saying, so one day I asked her, "Now where did I put my broom?"

She looked up at me, shrugged her shoulders and said in her little girlie voice, "I don't know!"

I was so excited I called my mom, "Katie said her first sentence!"

"What was it?"

"I don't know!"

"What? What was her first sentence?"

"I don't know! That's it! I don't know!"

True story.

My daughter has a regal bearing and a strong sense of herself. I suspect if anyone doesn't realize her worth, they either soon will or will be left behind.

She's almost twelve now. We wore the same shoe size for about six months when she was eight. She is infinitely more stylish than me and I raid her closet on a regular basis. But don't tell her, ok?

2 Comments:

Blogger psycho_aide said...

So I need to be on the look out for you to be wearing a boy-band T-shirt? ;)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY SHE SOUNDS REALLY COOL! BUT THEN AGAIN, I AM HER SOOOO, I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT!! :-)


LOVE YOU MOM!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home