Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No one here gets out alive

I have had members of my family as houseguests now for almost a solid week. Hence the lack of posts.

I love my family, but there's a reason we leave home when we grow up. Preservation of sanity.

My sister's mother-in-law died suddenly last week and the funeral was yesterday. She lived near us, so my sister and her family and my mom and brother have been staying with me.

Funerals are so odd, really. If you think about it. There is a person's shell in a box. The person is not there. I know where she is - it's a lot better place than here. Still, we gathered around an open casket at the cemetery, music played, a preacher pointed out that she was in a much better place than here, people cried, and then we went and ate.

I want to be cremated. Preferably after I die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home