Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Food talk

Okay. So I started Weight Watchers yesterday. It was a bit surreal and weird, but there are some positive things that have already begun from this journey into the unknown.

First of all, I cooked tonight. Not pre-fab, frozen, throw it in the oven for 35 minutes, convenience cooking. I actually chopped an onion, diced some zucchini, sauteed it up in a pan, and properly browned some mighty fine tasting lean pork chops. It was not horrible.

Second of all, I'm becoming aware of the insane amount of food I eat every day. Especially the bad stuff. I know, I know, my cake scarfing escapades were obvious journeys to the dark side of the moon; but I never even thought about the mindless dips into the chip bags, nut cans, and nibbling off the kids plates that goes on all day long.

Now I have to think about points. I'm only allowed a certain number of points each day, and each food, beverage, and condiment is given a certain point value.

Note: Math and self control are required.

Those who know me well can stop laughing and shaking your heads now.

What I want to know is this... If 1/2 of a cup of wine is worth 2 points, and I'm only allowed 22 points a day, how long can I last without eating solid food?

3 Comments:

Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Welcome to my world!!

I cannot believe you remembered how to saute.

LMAO

Did you kids go into junk food withdrawls? It feels good...really it does, it will become such a habit you will wonder how you survived without real food.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Master of My Own Small Universe said...

(que Dart Vader voice)
Never underestimate the power of the dark side...

Want I want to know is, how come winos are so skinny while beer drinkers have beer bellies?

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no food for thought... how will you write without flaming hot....

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home