Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's not the fear of flying, but the fear of plummeting from the sky

I'm going to start Weight Watchers today. I want to lose 20 pounds by the end of May 'cause I'm going to Idaho and California and I want to look okay in a swimsuit.

I've already started exercising again and it feels good, but the weight is not budging. Gee, I wonder if my recent close encounters with cake have anything to do with that?

The skinny jean is back and I, for one, believe the women of the world need to rise up with one voice and just say no. The only people that look good in a skinny jean are no-hipped, prepubescent, vegetarian teenage girls.

When will they resurrect the mu-mu? Now there's a style we can all embrace.

I'm going to Idaho at the end of May for one of my best friend's daughter's wedding. From there, I'm flying to San Diego to spend some time with Zach, my Marine son.

That gives me three months to not only lose the last of my baby fat (no matter that my baby is now almost 7 year's old), but to overcome my insane fear of flying.

Fat chance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Master of My Own Small Universe said...

" There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying.

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
miss...

...All it requires is simply the ability to throw yourself forward with all your weight, and the willingness not to mind that it's going to hurt.

That is, it's going to hurt if you fail to miss the ground.."

--Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe, and Everything

3:56 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

Cas,

You can do both. The diet will help boost your self-esteem not that I see you need to diet or that your self-esteem is low like mine. Suggest getting some self-help books on conquering your fear of flying. Get some subliminal tapes or whatever is out there - listen to them when you go to bed so that by the time you are ready for this trip you will be ready. It has been proven that airplanes are way safer than cars as far as accidents go. So don't think about it and enjoy yourself - E :)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home