Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Philosophy 101

Nothing much going on since The Great Backyard Fire of 2007.

I went to Weight Witches yesterday and discovered I've lost 1.4 more pounds. Yippee-skippee. The liquid diet's going great.

I tried a new track today for my walk and discovered all tracks are equally boring.

And I spent another day not writing.

Yay me.

Joseph, my 9 year-old, asked me yesterday what he said he considers to be one of the hardest questions known to man. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

This is the kind of question that annoys the crap out of me. I'm sure it was first posed by a stoner existentialist who thought he'd come up with something profound.

I explained to my son that sound is a law of nature and nature does just fine on its own, with or without anyone around to hear it.

Then I told him a wise person once replied to that ridiculous question: "I don't know, but the squirrel it fell on probably did."

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

You know, there are so many unanswered questions out there like that. It really boggles your mind to sit and think about it. But I truly believe that one day, we will just get all the answers to all of our unanswered questions, have access to a big book of answers to look up the answers to certain questions, or just really not care about the question anymore. Good for you for taking time for YOU and on the weight loss. Congrats!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home