Sunday, January 01, 2006

On change, free falling, country music, and dancing

Ok.  Enough already.  I’ve had so many life changes in the last four months my head hurts.

I received a phone call a few days ago from a local radio station.  Turns out they want me.  At a radio station.  Me.

Can someone please tell me which road I turned down that led to the twilight zone?

My inner slacker was just getting adjusted to the idea of being a newspaper reporter.  I love my guys.  I love breaking news.  I love the adrenaline rush.  I don’t love the hours, the lack of sleep, the lack of money, but hey – I was getting used to it.

Now, beginning January 16, I will be switching gears all over again.  Regular hours, no more picture taking, starting at the bottom, learning a whole new medium in a relatively unfamiliar area.  I’m nervous, I don’t know where my life is heading, and everyone is warning me that the guy I’m going to work for is… difficult.  

I feel like I’m standing on the rim of a cliff and no matter which way I turn, I have to jump.

A good friend of mine gave me a country music CD recently.  Country music has not been my favorite to date, but I was willing to give it a shot.  I loved it.  And of course, the timing was perfect.  There is a song on this CD that made all the difference.  The chorus says, “When you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.”

I’m not sitting this one out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home