Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pain, love and time management

Zach's girlfriend, Danielle, e-mailed me today. She is having a hard time with his deployment coming up so soon. She has been crying and upset, but trying to snap out of it.

I tried to explain to her something important and painful that I wish I'd figured out a lot sooner. To not enjoy the time we have, when we have it, with people we love is the worst kind of waste. You can never get that time back.

All you have for sure is right now, this minute. That's it. Why spend it being sad? Why take away from it by doing anything other than focusing on the one you love and squeezing every last ounce of wonderful out of the time you have together?

I'll never get back the wonderful I've wasted. But I can try to make sure I don't waste anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home