Monday, January 09, 2006

To friends who know us better than they wanted to...

One of my best friends in the world left me to return to Idaho today after a week long visit for my 40th birthday.  I met her when I was 16 and she was almost 18, and she knows me just about as well as anyone on the face of this planet could know me.  

We had a great week.  We ate a lot, drank a lot, and laughed a lot.  We got misty eyed a few times.  And she reminded me of some dreams I’d forgotten about.

She also quoted back to me things I’d forgotten I’d ever said.  Thoughts that fly through my head on a regular basis that I thought no one knew about, or cared to know about.  It was kind of nice, but disturbing.  Sometimes I share things to vent and get them off my chest, never realizing that the person I’m sharing them with might actually be listening.

Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home