Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Not only when I laugh

My computer is back.

My perspective is forever changed.

I have been in severe pain for a week.

One week ago tonight, I developed a headache. Big whoop. Yeah, that's what I thought. Until nothing would get rid of it.

Severe, ongoing agony will get your attention and hold onto it like a pit bull on a poodle. And make you think differently about things. Like how good it is to go about a normal day without pain. And how doctors don't have a cure for everything. And how some people have to live like this forever.

I underwent tests. And bloodwork. My blood is a lovely shade of burgundy. The CT scan didn't find any cats, and thanks to the Tortorous Tube of Claustrophobia, otherwise known as an MRI machine, there is proof that I do, in fact, have a brain and that my personal magnetism is not just a rumor.

All that to say this - what I have, ladies and gentlemen, is a Complex Migraine.

See? Nothing about me is simple.

The CM has firmly established itself into regions of my cerebrum where no self-respecting "simple" migraine would venture. And it likes it there. So I'm on a bunch of drugs to try to get rid of it. And not in a good way.

I'm feeling better, but every time I say that it comes back. So, shhhhhhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home