Sunday, August 20, 2006

Top Ten Things I Learned While Mowing the Back Yard Today

1. Ants don't like it when you run over their home with a lawn mower.

2. Mowing the back yard in a two-piece swimsuit, while being a popular spectator event for neighbors, is not good protection against angry ants who have been launched into the air after their home was run over by a lawn mower.

3. Wet flip-flops are not the best yard mowing footwear.

4. There is a difference between a self-propelled mower and a regular push mower, and mine is NOT self-propelled.

5. Aerobic system sprinklers don't care if you're mowing the grass.

6. I am not in good shape.

7. It is possible to drink a 24 ounce bottle of water in one try.

8. Lawn mowers don't like frisbees.

9. Swing sets, hammocks, and trees suck.

10. All I want for Christmas is a riding lawn mower.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

I sooo have a good visual of this whole event! hehehehehehehe :-)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Hey while your at it, my front yard needs mowing... now I know my fenced yard is nothing like the vast stadium sized field you call a yard, but still...

11. Having a HUGE yard is wonderful till mowing time.

11:46 AM  
Blogger psycho_aide said...

i like using the zero radius one

8:06 PM  
Blogger Master of My Own Small Universe said...

Yeah, self-propelled mowers are nice. And always spring for the Honda engine...

9:40 PM  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

Man, I would have loved to see this one!!!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home