Saturday, January 06, 2007

The 6th day of the rest of my life

After I set my hair on fire New Year's day, I went to work and turned in my resignation - effective February 1st.

I thought that was a nice, round figure: January 1st to February 1st. Of course, I also set my own hair on fire.

I'm going home to face the train wreck it has become since I started working a year and a half ago. And to pursue my writing career. If "to pursue" means to chase it down, wrestle it to the ground, and smash it repeatedly until it gives me what I want.

I turned 41 on Thursday. That forced me to re-write my profile (I decided to forego any mention of age), as did quitting my job. Now I'm a former everything but writer. I don't know how I feel about that.

I'm going to go sit on the couch, eat cold pizza, drink a beer, and watch "10 Ways to Crash, Burn, and Make a Come Back" on the E channel.

I've got the crash and burn thing down.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

You know, I envy you. I would love to quit my job and stay home to do something I loved. Of course, first I would need to figure out what it was I would love to do! Good on you for pursuing your dream. I have no doubt you can do it!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Well I for one will say, when we are standing on the red carpet with you, and everyone is talking about the oscar you won for best screen play, adapted from you bestselling book, I will say, "we told you so".

You are brillant sweetie. We have all the love and faith in the world in you. Whatever you need, let us know. And yes I will nag you DAILY about writing...

1:23 PM  
Blogger Master of My Own Small Universe said...

Well, the major question is who plays the characters in the movie?

6:32 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Well I for one want to be played by Lolita Davidovich, she is sexy!

I think Monica Potter should play Jen, John Goodman can play Paul, Farva from super troopers can play Steve, I am still stumped about DL though...

OH The dad from American Pie... COOL.. Yeah that would be perfect...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Well dang Momma, I feel left out...who would play me?? snif snif pout pout

8:43 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Vanilla Ice can play Johnny, and Farva's name is Kevin Heffernan, Melissa Peterman can play Sharon, Stockard Channing would make a good Cas...

Any other suggestions...

8:49 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

We couldn't decide yet... we're working on the rest of the cast.. trust me.....

1:14 AM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

I think Geena Davis should play Cat, She is a smart, whitty woman, and a great actress.

But I am just thinking, these pics in no way are based on looks. They are about who could play you best. IN MY OPINION!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home