Friday, December 22, 2006

The eyes have it

Is it any surprise that this month has flown by? Christmas is three days away.

I'm going in for Lasik surgery today. My astigmatism is so bad the techs thought their machine was malfunctioning. I always knew I was special.

I'm a little nervous, but frankly - I'm so exhausted from the past week that sleeping for a day or two sounds great to me.

Once again, my love affair with perfectionism has taken a few hits over this holiday season. For the first time EVER I did not get all of my Christmas cards mailed and I only decorated my tree instead of the whole house from front to back. I have no idea where I stand as far as gift purchasing goes because I didn't make a list. Yay me!

It's remarkably freeing to let go and just enjoy the ride. Like the difference between straining all of your muscles to guide a sled down a slick, icy hill or just letting it go.

Here's to hoping I don't smash into a tree.