Wednesday, January 31, 2007

California dreaming

Cold, wet, cold, wet, cold wet, wet cold.

Winter is becoming dreary. I enjoy a chilly, rainy day as much as the next guy, but this steady diet is starting to get on my nerves.

My cellulite, on the other hand, is delighted. Talk about job security.

I've thought about trying to trick myself into feeling tropical, like using some sunless tanning lotion. But my feet and ankles invariably end up looking dirty and my nails turn orange.

Maybe if I went straight to sipping fruity drinks with little umbrellas stuck in them? After the second or third one it wouldn't matter that my yard is a mud hole and my toes are starting to web. But the buzz would wear off eventually and it wouldn't be worth the hangover -- or trying to explain to the neighbors why conga music is blasting from my house in the dead of January.

Mowing the yard in my swimsuit and taking dips in the pool seems like a million years ago.

Aren't you glad you stopped by?

1 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

lol - how funny - I can just picture that conga music and the mowing the lawn in the bathing suit - in the dead of winter - maybe it will change soon and we will see some decent temperatures and not all this fluxing every which way - keep up the fun posts - E :)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home