Thursday, January 25, 2007

It just goes to show, you never know

Well.

Within two hours of writing Monday's post, I found out over $1,200 had been stolen from my bank account, I was asked to be the Public Information Officer
for the Liberty County Emergency Management Task Force (a delightful twist of irony), I met the new editor of the newspaper I used to work for, and I was asked to do a voice-over intro for a church television spot. I filed a police report, had lunch with my mom and sister in Houston, and spent two hours at the bank trying to straighten out my account before racing back to Liberty for a meeting with the Liberty County Emergency Task Force that evening.

I spent Tuesday and part of Wednesday participating in a mock/terrorist attack scenario at the county jail. I met one of the owners of the magazine I'm writing for, had lunch with one of my favorite detectives, made ammends with a friend at that same lunch, networked with potential writing clients, and lined up a few paid writing gigs.

Not too shabby for someone who spent the better part of last week sitting on a couch eating chocolates in her jammies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simply Jen said...

I hoe my week goes as good for me (minus the bank problem, I had that one this week) when I go job hunting!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home