Monday, December 29, 2008

Possibilities

A new year and my birthday are both looming on the horizon. I can always remember how old I am because the Superbowl and I are the same age.

When I was about four months pregnant with Zachary, I looked at my sideways profile in the mirror and tried to imagine what it would be like with my belly stretched tight, full of baby. I thought the day would never come. Then, when the day did come, I felt like I'd been pregnant forever and would forever be pregnant.

The morning they induced me, I looked at my sideways profile in the mirror, patted my tight belly and told my baby I would miss the two of us together that way. Now he's almost 24. Older than I was when I had his little brother.

These days when I look at my sideways profile in the mirror, I imagine it's about time to stop drinking so much beer.

What? It could happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

Hahaha - I don't think just giving up the beer is the answer. But no worries, you are beautiful just the way you are. Happy early birthday since I'm not sure when your birthday is really and don't want to miss it. Let me know how you do with the possibilities of - whatever it is you need to do or resolve to do - E :)

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you promised to blog everyday, what happened?
Lorna

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home