Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The third day of the rest of my life

Well, I've slept and cried and eaten large quantities of complex carbohydrates. I've thought about things and realized things and slapped myself around a little bit. So I guess now it's time to get on with the show.

Last Sunday marked two years since Nathan's been gone. It occurred to me that two years passing means that I should be over it, healed. Dalt says he doesn't think a person ever gets over something like that. I don't know. Sometimes I'm fine and sometimes I'm not. I know where he is though, and I'll get to see him again. Mourning is for the living.

Time for another cup of coffee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

I have to agree with your hubby. I dont think you ever truly get over something like that. It gets a little easier to handle day by day, but never truly over. I lost my second mom, two years ago June 11, and still cry about her. Not to mention one of my best friends in the world died on January 31, 2009 and even as I write this, I still cry. Give yourself all the time you need to do what you need to do and never ever critize yourself or ask yourself why your not over it. :-)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home