Monday, February 02, 2009

Baring a vein

I started writing a new column for The Montgomery County News. It's called To Be Perfectly Honest and I guess my first entry is about as loud a statement as I can make about how much I dislike my current job situation. And probably proof positive that I should not be inflicting my current state of mind onto the world.

One person who read it said, "It's probably okay for The Montgomery County News... but it could get back to where you work." She went on to say that I should inject humor into my writing in order to get away with what I had to say and that I should continue writing because "it's therapeutic."

Wow.

That's about as clear a message I can get that I'm so far gone and out of touch I don't even know what I'm writing anymore.

I had to really think about her first comment before I decided I really don't care if what I wrote gets back to my job. But the part that got to me was the humor thing. I thought I had written the piece with my tongue firmly planted in cheek, but instead I guess it came across as bitter. And now it's out there for everyone to see.

Oh well. The name of the column is "To Be Perfectly Honest." And I was. Maybe it's time for someone to lay it out there. Even if it's wrong.

The link is on my sidebar - you can read it for yourself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...it could get back to where you work?!!! your writing is good therapy? wtf? if i didn't know better i would swear your mother went high tech and discovered the internet.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hey sometimes you just have to get it off your chest and it makes you feel better! Your a fantastic writer so dont ever forget that!
:-)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home