Monday, February 16, 2009

God is not surprised

Lorna is in the hospital. She had undiagnosed high blood pressure and diabetes. I spoke with her when she went in on Friday afternoon. She was in good spirits. She'd had a minor stroke but fully expected to be released on Saturday. Then Saturday morning she had another stroke while she was still in the hospital. She is paralyzed on her left side now. They expect that she'll recover somewhat, with a lot of hard work and rehabilitation.

I went and saw her yesterday. She was in and out of it. Her speech is slurred and she had a hard time trying to speak clearly, trying to find the right words. I feel utterly helpless.

Her family is talking about taking her back to the Bahamas. It makes me so sad. She was just here a couple of weeks ago. We visited and laughed and watched tv together.

I'm tired of life throwing me curve balls.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! i'm so sorry! i had no idea any of this was going on. love you cas, i'll call you later.
-Ali

8:32 AM  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

I'm sorry to hear about that Cas. I wish her the best and she will be in my prayers.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

That's so sad. I'm sorry Cas! I sure wish her and you the best and ya'll will be in my thoughts and prayers.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home