Sunday, February 19, 2006

I'm back, baby

Yeah, it's been a while, but I have been SO out of commission. I'm definitely re-thinking the flu shot decision next year.

I've stirred from my cocoon of blankets and mountain of used kleenex. The last five days have been spent bouncing between the couch, the bathroom and bed, with my 5 year-old daughter, Savannah, in tow. Luckily, she's the only casualty so far among the kids.

I actually felt better enough this morning to venture into the kitchen to make coffee. I passed the microwave cabinet at least a dozen times before looking down to see a furry white mouse wiggling around in one of those stupid, sticky mouse traps designed to be more humanitarian than a killer, wire snap trap.

Screw that.

This mouse deserved to be snapped. He'd gotten complacent, smug even. Before he got caught, he didn't even bother scurrying in a blur across the kitchen floor in the dead of night anymore. He would just lope across in broad daylight while we were watching tv in the connecting room; one time I swear he winked at me.

Anyway, I'm sure all the other mice are using him now as an example. Stupid, complacent, fat mice get caught in the sticky trap. And yet, they still gross out recovering-from-the-flu, yelping, gravity defying, forty year-old women who were just trying to make some damn coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home