Saturday, March 11, 2006

Coffee talk

I have assumed the position (cross-legged in my chair, keyboard in lap), a scented candle is lit, music is playing, and I'm sipping a hot, sweet, creamy cup of coffee made from freshly ground, whole beans.

Ah... Is there anything better in the world than not having to be somewhere, not having to do something, not having someone waiting on you for something? And drinking a really good cup of coffee while you're at it?

Things have been going pretty great for me lately. This contentment, this "everything going right" business is so foreign to me that I feel like a stranger in a strange land.

I wondered why that was until I called my mom to share my recent successes with her.

Her response was to remind me of the money I owed her, all of the things that could go wrong in my life - and probably will - and to fill me in on the details of why our country is going to hell in a hand basket according to Fox News.

That was more like it.

But you know what? I'm getting my passport stamped and moving to the strange land of contentment. I'll settle in, learn the language, and only pay short visits home to remind me of where I don't want to live anymore.

Of course, that could just be the coffee talking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

give me hollar when your ready for some wild stuff, I have a few ricks to show YA :) , if your not scared of the metal that is :)

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home