Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Slowing down to take a look

Have you ever watched someone's expression tell an entire story?

I was looking at a person today who didn't realize it. An incident occurred that no one else in the room noticed, but for about thirty seconds an array of naked emotions played across this very private individual's features before they got a hold of themselves, the wall came down, and it was all over. I could actually see the process.

It was amazing and sobering.

It made me realize that I feel invisible most of the time. I'm so busy living and dealing with things and being busy that I just assume everyone else is too, and that no one takes the time to actually see me.

It made me wonder if anyone has ever watched my face tell an entire story.

3 Comments:

Blogger Simply Jen said...

Yes, I have actually sat and watched your face before...I have actually watched you change emotions in an instant, then you would gather yourself and change again.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Cas said...

Just FYI - I wasn't fishing for attention; I actually prefer being invisible...

10:50 PM  
Blogger mustafa mudathir said...

yeah, what a realization.
But it makes one feel kind of
embarassed of assuming one is
OK in terms of looks and appearance.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home