Monday, March 13, 2006

Gossamer threads

I had dinner tonight with a friend I like a whole real lot. I haven't figured her out entirely, but I've enjoyed her from the first time we met.

I wonder what it is that creates a connection with certain people and not others. I have some very good friends that share deep ties with me. Without exception, I knew from the beginning they were special.

To most of the world, I imagine I seem like an open book, outgoing and out there. Good.

But there are a few who know that isn't the case. They're the ones I can cry in front of, scream at, belly laugh with, never call and they don't get mad, and when I finally do call, we just pick up where we left off without missing a beat. They genuinely love me, and I genuinely love them right back.

Karma, kismet, chemistry, sympatico, empathetic neuroses - whatever you want to call it. When it happens with someone, it's worth it not to waste or take for granted, but to appreciate the gift and handle with care.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The friends you have that instant connection with are the ones that will last a lifetime. Its great when you find that. Having a circle of friends (to quote a friend) is the best thing in the world. It was good to meet you the other night. Wish you could have stayed longer.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home