Sunday, July 09, 2006

But will I still respect myself in the morning?

Some days are meant for eating, sleeping, reading, marathon tv watching and other outrageously self indulgent activities.

I must confess I had an unhealthy encounter with a Boston Cream Pie today. It was fantastic and I don't regret a single moment of it.

It started with a book I was reading.

The heroine in the book was stressed out and stopped for Boston cream donuts and it made me think of the Boston Cream Pie in my refrigerator.

The house was quiet. I was lying on my bed and the light was dim. Rain was falling outside and my mind wandered to the creamy confection that was just a few feet away, waiting for me in the kitchen.

The cake would be cool and perfect, moist from the thick cream tucked between its layers, crowned with a glorious covering of fudge that begged to be licked - just a taste - before I plunged a fork into the midst of it and popped it into my mouth.

I couldn't take anymore. I ran to the kitchen, threw open the refrigerator and plundered the Boston Cream Pie. It was magnificent.

It's a good thing my heroine only stopped for donuts.

2 Comments:

Blogger psycho_aide said...

Wow you are making me want one just by decribing it.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Making me want something more than Boston Creme Pie! heheheehehe

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home