Friday, June 23, 2006

Working things out

This has been the longest week in the history of the universe. Really. From a work standpoint anyway.

I love my job, but every day lately has been a struggle to concentrate through this haze. The constant pressure to not make a mistake has weighed heavily on me.

You know, before this crap hit, I'd finally gotten to the place where the kinks were worked out. I was in a groove. I had a routine and a way of doing things and I was confident in the job I was doing.

I'm still confident in the job I'm doing, but I forgot to give my boss an important message the other day and now I know it will be a long time before he trusts me again.

Which is stupid. Because everybody makes mistakes.

I realized today that some people will only ever see the mistakes. Which is sad. because they're going to miss all the good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home