Saturday, November 11, 2006

There are some places the human hand was never meant to go

I've spent the entire day laying on the couch, running a fever.

Absolutely no symptoms other than vaguely feeling like crap. I'm positive this is karma coming to bite me on the @$$ after my conversation with the Divine Ms. T yesterday about the pros and cons of getting a flu shot.

Quit gloating, Missy.

There's a lot of time to think when you're suffering on a couch. And a lot of time to sleep, read, and watch really bad t.v.

I actually watched a documentary on Okie Noodling this afternoon. I don't know why it's not an Olympic sport. Apparently it's the number one fishing sport for people in Oklahoma who can't afford fishing poles or bait.

These guys go wading through creeks, rivers, ponds and lakes, feeling for holes on the mucky bottoms where mutant-big catfish have backed in and made a home. When the guys find a hole, yippee skippee, they dive under, stick their hands in the catfish's mouth, and pull it out.

Note: I didn't see a single woman participating in this, shall we say, fascinating tradition.

I did actually get to hear a guy say, "Well, I got bit by a copperhead last week messin' around where I prolly shudna been."

His long-suffering wife didn't miss a beat. "I knew if I could just get him to a hospital with some good medicine, he'd make it. He always does."

He always does, doesn't he Sweety?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Engle's in bed with the flu... I knew you were being unfaithful to me, you whore!!!
LMAO!
I thought you could use a laugh - I know you have better taste than that...
Feel better soon ;P

J.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Well if it makes you feel better, Cam has a fever too.

You must have been really busy!
LMAO!

Sorry you feel bad, you can come snuggle with Cam. He is being needy. Right now he is watching the Doodlebobs. Last night he actually told me he was tired and to turn out the light (mouth still gapin open)

Hugs...Love you!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Oh and you need to go to

www.girlsgonegrapplin.com

who says it ain't for chics...

3:45 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

I never trust those flu shots. Last time my dad got one he ended up in the hospital for a month and they had no idea why. Got a horrible infection that finally landed in his liver and they had to remove part of it!! eeeeewwwwwweeeeee! so, called me a scardy cat, but I aint' doing it! hope your feeling better!!! Love you!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home