Sunday, November 26, 2006

Somebody, give me a push

My imagination is trying to get my attention. I've ignored it for so long, it's stored up like a dam ready to bust.

I love to write. It's as natural as breathing to me.

I've always wanted to write fiction, but my butt never stays stuck to the chair long enough to finish anything. At first I told myself I wasn't good enough. Now I know I am - I just haven't taken the plunge.

There is this thing that is trying to click in me. I've felt shades of it before, but now it feels like I'm almost there. Like if I just start to write, the story will take off on its own and write itself. It's like the breakthrough that happens when your brain makes the leap from learning the fundamentals of a language to actually getting it - to actually thinking in that language. A Helen Keller moment.

I'm almost there. Teetering on the edge. The water is pushing at the dam, but I can't quite figure out how to break it.

I wonder what happens next?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

PUSH!!! This is me, trying to push you!! I love your stories and would love to read more of what you write. I know you'd be great at it.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you won't do it for yourself, think of the rest of us!!! Once you're famous we can get rich selling scandalous stories about you to tabloids!

...note to self..find those Polaroids...tee hee

Seriously- you owe it to yourself not to grow old wondering what might have been.

Jamie

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home