Sunday, May 27, 2007

Condimentally speaking

For two full days I have been submerged in mustard.

Allow me to explain.

I am entering the National Mustard Museum Seeds of Passion writing contest. The grand prize is no small amount. Therefore, I have spent the last 48 hours laboring over a tongue-in-cheek second chapter and synopsis for a romance novel centering around the Mustard Museum and it's new chef-in-residence, Isabella Martinique.

I have eaten mustard smeared hot dogs. I have contemplated exotic mustard concoctions and mustard recipes. I have sat on my butt reading and re-reading my chapter.

I am mustarded out.

My only consolation is, should I win, I love the idea of touting myself as the "Seeds of Passion" Mustard Museum writing contest winner.

On a side note: A friend of mine wrote about a list of things she wants to do before she dies. Honestly, I don't know what my whole list would include. But I can say this: I want to be able to pay all my bills on time at some point before I die.

And maybe visit the Mustard Museum in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin to receive a $5,000 check.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liberated Momma said...

I don't know if that is a complete list.. I just want to know that if I didn't get to complete the list that I am loved enough that someone would want to do it for me..

It is really really important for me to matter in someone's life..

7:28 AM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

Cas,

I had seen the Mustard contest last year or the year before but at the time it was a mystery, not a romance so maybe they change genres every year or something - who knows - lol - good luck - E :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger psycho_aide said...

well hot dog

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be considered slacking, since you're supposed to be writing the great American novel...

And I hope you didn't write about that weekend when we were accidentally locked in the mission food pantry with a certain NFL player who was also performing community service and we had only mustard a man with very little body fat to amuse ourselves...
We promised never to speak of it...

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home