Thursday, May 24, 2007

It will happen, won't it?

I dropped my kids off this morning for the last day of school. This is always a weird, sentimental time for me because I don't take change very well and because it's the end of another chapter. When my youngest darling leaves 1st grade forever, I can't escape the fact that my child-rearing years are flying away like dandelion petals on the wind.

Having said all that... Woo-Hoo!!! Yippee-Skippee!!! They are growing up!!! I've been raising babies for over 22 years, 10 of which I spent either pregnant or breastfeeding. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

People told me I would miss having a baby to cuddle. Um, no. They told me I would miss breastfeeding. Are you kidding? And I was told that some day I would regret not having the pitter-patter of little feet running through my house. With as many kids as I have, spread across as many years, I fear that day will never come. I'm sure I'll have grandchildren before Savannah's grown up and moved out.

And boy, won't having grandchildren be fun? I'm going to be the grandma from hell. I will love them up, spoil them rotten, and send them right back to momma and daddy. Hee-hee-hee.

Who says I don't have goals?

3 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

I'm right up there with you Cas. Who needs the 3 a.m. feedings? Who needs the constant trying to figure out what the fuss is about? Who needs the cost of diapers and formula? -

We do deserve a break and I'm all for spoiling the grandkids (not yet, no way am I ready for that announcement) - and sending them back - lol - just so their parents, my kids, can be treated the same way I've been treated - lol - revenge is sweet so sayth grandparents.

Last days of school can be hard - but first days are harder for me - It is hard to believe this fall my middle child will actually be starting high school - ack where did the years ago but thankfully I only have one behind her 23 months younger so it won't be too long before he will be in high school and then one will be graduating and oy - then the fun starts - lol

good post - E :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

hey, thats the best part of being a grandparent or aunt! Spoil them rotten and by them all the loud toys and send them home! I love that part. And somehow I'll bet you will be the cool grandma that everyone wants to visit!

3:41 PM  
Blogger psycho_aide said...

you are starting to sound like my om spoil them and send them home.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home