Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Have big fat mouth, will travel

Well, it turns out this is the year for me to hit the road. Not only am I going on the previously mentioned trip to Idaho, (which is going to end with a swing through San Diego to see Zach for a couple days), but now I'm going to the Texas Hurricane Conference in Galveston for three days, May 8th through the 10th. Woo-hoo!

After I left the radio station back in January, I was recruited by our county emergency management coordinator to be the public information officer for the county emergency management task force. The irony is thick.

So I get to go to this conference to learn what to say and when to say it to the media in the event of a hurricane-type situation. (Gee, I can think of a few choice words right now.)

Me, alerting the media. When I've pissed off most of the media outlets in the county.

Oh well, three days in Galveston sounds like fun anyway.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's some media that still loves ya!

To Hell with the rest of them - it's THEIR problem. Seems to me you'll be holding the cards now - hee hee!

XOX

11:52 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

So, I am guessing that "holy shit, RUN!" is probably not what they will teach you to say during a hurricane? :-) You'll do GREAT! Hopefully you'll get to have some run while your in Galveston also!! You go girl.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

I cannot wait! We are going to have a blast! Thank you for inviting me... You get to learn, while I get to relax....

Hope we can find some sushi down there.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Hey by the way, did you notice, that big fat mouths travel in packs. Especially if Jen goes...

Hey you read to come out yet?

LMFAO!!!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home