Monday, October 08, 2007

Not for the faint of heart

I have discovered the procrastinator's secret to getting things done: Find something you don't want to do more than the thing you've been putting off. Then you can do what you've been putting off as a means to avoid doing the thing you don't want to do more, the result being that you actually accomplish something while still being a successful procrastinator.

Kids, don't try this at home.

I've been making fantastic progress with my writing while not dealing with this whole packing issue. It's been great - I'm coming dangerously close to finishing something, but getting ready for the move is not it!

No one actually showed up on Saturday, so my whole trick-slave-labor idea didn't work. It looks like I AM actually going to have to start packing at some point.

I wonder who's going to be on Ellen today?

1 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

Cas,

If I were closer I would have shown up - not sure I would have been much help packing. But I would put the kids to work - free kid slave labor - there you go.

It's hard to move, I know. It's been almost three years since I moved to this house and still have boxes everywhere because I don't have any storage area - no closets, nothing to put things in - so boxes are all over the place. Will your husband not help you pack things up? I think he should but maybe he is wanting to distance himself from the whole situation as most men don't like to be emotionally involved.

Hopefully you will get everything done and the move will go smoothly. Keep us posted - E :)

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home