Friday, September 07, 2007

Progress is measured in inches

Not much new. I feel a lot better, but I think it's more the company I've been keeping than anything else.

I got to watch, and hear, a rain shower today as it moved toward me across a freshly mowed field. The wind cooled as it came nearer and the air smelled clean and fresh. It was an amazing experience.

And today marks three months to the day since Nathan died. My heart still cries, but my eyes are dry. I discover new things every day I miss about him. I wonder what it's like for him now.

Last night I had a flying dream. It took place at night with the stars and moon lighting up the landscape and the sky. I woke up this morning refreshed. It was good.

Like warm, chocolate covered donuts on a calories-don't-count day.

2 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

Cas,

I was watching John Edwards Cross Country and thought of you - the reading was two daughters who came through for the mothers and I thought "I haven't read Cas's blog in a few days". That nice rain shower you got and feeling refreshed was your son coming through to you to let you know he is doing okay. He's also bringing hope for you to a keep him in your memory and to keep doing as you are doing to make it through your life.

I really believe our loved ones come when we need them the most.

So you needed that refreshing waking up and starting the new day. I'm glad you got to experience it, and as time passes you will experience many more.

Hugs and thoughts to you - E :)

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well cass , i am sorry i didnt get to say goodbye , I packed the family up and moved away :) 3 hours west. love ya lots babe!!!!!! you will aways be in my thoughts and dreams.........:)

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home