Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Weird is good

Well, this is the phase of moving I hate - dismantling. It is always so discouraging to take apart your home, even if it's just to relocate a few miles away. Inevitably the home you're dismantling becomes sad and empty looking, even as the new one starts to fill up and develop character.

I dread this stage.

The kids are really looking forward to the new house. The yard is big and interesting. It's an older home, so the trees and foliage are well established and there's lots of shade. Katie will finally have her own room and so will I. How weird is that? Weird, but good. The inside is very open and sunny with lots of windows; we're going to be very cozy there.

Zach and the kids and I went to the track together the other day. The days are getting shorter and it wasn't as hot as it has been. I walked the first lap, but when Zach passed me at a jog I joined him. It was pretty great. He kept an easy pace and I didn't really have a hard time keeping up. I walked the next two, but when he passed me on the third, I joined him again. I matched him stride for stride and it felt wonderful to run around that track with my strong, handsome son. I walked the next two again, and then joined him for an unprecedented third lap. I felt tall and proud and invincible.

I'm so glad I didn't throw up.

2 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

Hey Cas,

I'm glad you didn't throw up too - or else you would be writing about that instead. And yes moving is sad no matter what the circumstances but if this was a long time coming and you will be better off, then embrace it with a smile and make the move the best it can be. You will enjoy the house and hum, looking at the comments on your previous post - looks like someone has a job for you - could it be your lucky day or is that a running joke between friends? Again, take what shows up (yeah, you know what they say if life gives you lemons make lemonade but I believe it is Danette's blog or signature that says something about practicing in preparation for throwing the lemons or something to that affect) - anyway - just remember to have fun and enjoy the time with the kids and all - you aren't alone that's for sure. See you in the postings - E :)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Cas,
I know you don't know me, but I appreciated your comments on my blog, and I wanted to see how you were. I think you are an incredible writer. I have to admit that I found myself in tears through most of what I read. I am so impressed with your strength.
I am also happy to see that you have not let go of your faith in God. No doubt, He is a source of much peace and strength. Moving is always an adjustment for everyone. I personally love it and hate it.
Keep up the exercising! It is always a great dose of sanity for me. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home