Monday, October 01, 2007

Optimists need not apply

Things have been going so smoothly, I became complacent. I needed a divorce and poof - I'm getting a divorce. I needed a house and poof - a house dropped into my lap (figuratively speaking, of course.) I needed a job and poof - the one I was sure I was going to get fell through bigger than a load of bricks through a toilet paper canopy.

Hmmm.

Okay. Now the faint flutterings of panic are beginning to gather in my belly.

Yes, I know. Everything happens for a reason. When one door shuts, another one opens. It's always darkest just before the dawn. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. When life hands you lemons, return them for limes and make margaritas. Blah, blah. blah.

But that doesn't put Flaming Hot Cheetos on the table, now does it?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so must find my fortune so that I can support you and have you be my companion, like Rosie and what's her name... only better looking...
Ok... more like Melissa and what's her name - yeah, that's it...
That's right people - (It's okay Cas, I'm outing us) - we can finally be public with our love...
j/k - Cas is waaaaay too good for me ;)
Oh, get over yourself moral majority who's now regaining consciousness...
Love ya Cas...
(even if they won't let me be a Republican or a Baptist because of it- LMAO)

J.

9:24 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

Wow Cas,

I'm happy for you. You needed the good fortune and it was there. So glad something good is coming your way.

Now your anonymous J friend over here - hum well I can only think of Rosie and Penny Marshall and not sure who Melissa is but apparently with another female as well (will have to figure that one out) - Personally if you are that way, go for it (only kidding - because I can tell you know Cas much better than I do), although it does sound like you have a bit of self-esteem problem going on by saying that Cas is waaaaaaaayy too good for you - She may think you are waaaaaay too good for her.

All kidding aside - I'm so happy for you Cas. A few prayers go a long way - (now for me to get some money to get my bills caught up and no longer be in the hole I'll be happy - 1500 to 5000 would be very nice right now - hahahaha - so those are my prayers) - E :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hey, I'm all in favor of having a housewife! They rock. Now, if they could only support ME I'd be an even happier camper! Besides, men have that genetic defect called a "Y" chromosome! :-) Just kidding. Cas, your life is now a new adventure. Have fun with it, and enjoy it. Things always have a funny way of working out and your a trooper. You can do it. I have huge faith in that. Keep on keeping on little Lady!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home