Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ramblin' Prose

Two days to go.

I think I'll change the subject.

I watched "Stranger Than Fiction" again today, and it reminded me of how much I absolutely love the written word and the play of language. The movie stars Will Farrell as a very fastidious IRS agent who realizes he's a character in a novel. The dialogue in the movie is very well written and original. I just love it. It's a great story that's surprising and fun.

Remembering how much I love words today led me to think about other people and things I love. God, my kids, my friends and family, relaxing on a rainy day, sleeping in on Saturdays, etc. It was very therapeutic.

Later on, I was mulling over my job situation and God and faith. I realized that through all of the years of my faith, I've never gone hungry or been thrown out onto the street or done without. I've had times of great faith - times when I stood by my trust in God and He came through for me in ways no one could have ever have predicted. I've had times of terrible doubt and fear and worry, and He still came through the same way.

Guess what the common denominator is?

So, I'm relaxing about some stuff and seeing where that takes me for a change.

And I'm packing boxes.

I saw a quote the other day by Martin Luther King. He said, "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."

Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

Hopefully this will find you moved and ready to start anew. You can do it and I have faith in your faith. Good for you for taking that first step. Huggs ya, momma - E :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

So, did you get moved? are you settled in yet??

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home