Tuesday, April 08, 2008

In the twinkle of an eye

Still no job.

I've pulled out an old manuscript I worked on during my writer's group days to edit and re-write. It's not fantastic, but it's the closest thing I have to being finished and I can submit it to Harlequin or something, just to try to get some money coming in.

It's kind of funny that I'm always talking about walking by faith, and here I am. Wallowing in depression 'cause I can't see the other side of this mess.

Savannah had a nice birthday Saturday. She turned eight yesterday, but my family came up from Houston and spent the weekend with us, so we had her party on the 5th. It was kind of surreal. It feels like five minutes ago I found out I was pregnant with her, I blinked, and now she's eight.

I've decided to give up blinking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

its absolutely amazing just how fast time really does go by. Enjoy her while she's still young....they grow up so fast. It will all get better! :-)

8:23 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

Wow this posting just made me realize I've been visiting your blog for at least a year, maybe just a little longer as I remember when she turned 7. And they do grow up fast. Quit blinking isn't the answer. LOL - you know things will work out like they should. See you in the postings - E :)

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home