Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sittin' on the dock of the bay

Well, I haven't posted much lately, but really, I haven't had much to write about.

I've been reading a lot, and thinking a lot, and trying to work some stuff out.

I read The Children of Men by P.D. James, and No Country For Old Men. I also read The Conquest by Jude Deveraux. And I'm still trying to slog through The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Evidently I'm not highly effective yet.

It's kind of like school for me, reading this stuff. There are things I like and dislike about each book, things I can use for my own writing. We'll see.

I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the new one with Johnny Depp. At one point I thought it was the most retarded movie I'd ever seen, but the end redeemed it for me. It was the same with the book No Country For Old Men, which is odd because so many people said it was the end that ruined it for them. Well, the end of the movie, anyway. I haven't seen the movie, but I'm sure it must have ended similarly to the book.

So, that's what I've been doing. And why I haven't been writing in this distinguished web-log lately.

I guess you could say I'm in my cocoon at this point. Growing and changing and eating lots of Flaming Hot Cheetos. Waiting for my metamorphosis.

And you know what? I've never met a morphosis I didn't like. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

And you forgot to mention a short story you still have to read - lol - I'm still waiting to hear what you think of my first state story. It will be published in August and I can't wait to see it all done up pretty.

Seriously though, it's a good thing to be able to read and learn some things to will help with your writing or even reading for pleasure is a good thing. Some days or weeks I don't have the time and other times, I read and then run out of things to read and feel lost.

I'm running a non-contest - sign up for my state series newsletter for my b-day and you all (the readers out there) get the gifts. Check out my geography blog for the details - http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com - hang in there girl and see you in the postings - E :)

PS - all that reading you are doing you could write and post reviews on your blog - just a thought - would give you something to write about at least - E :)

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home