Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Rocking Walgreens, oh yeah

Wow. Everytime I post lately, I intend to start posting more often but it never happens. I guess I just don't have much to say. Or much to share, anyway.

I started working at Walgreens on Monday in the cosmetics department. It's a little sobering starting over at 42. I'm making less an hour now than I did working for Clinique 15 years ago. But it is better than nothing. And I get to come home on my 30 minute lunch break because the store is right around the corner from my house. I'm so glad I don't have to spend more time away from the kids than necessary.

My mother was here for a week. From Monday last to this past Monday. It was... hard. I still try to please her and she still only sees what I do wrong (or differently from her, which is the same thing as wrong.) It explains so much.

So see? Not much to say. I did have a dream last night that jewels were coming out of my mouth. Well, more specifically, I had a mouthful of jewels and I was trying to spit them all out. If anyone has any idea what that means, please let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

Midas type touch? Everything you touch will turn into jewels that will be a blessing for your family? Okay my best guess - sorry. But here's some good news, my book is officially available. Email me if you want a copy of the illustrated version - and good luck with Walgreens. Should be fun and it keeps you out of trouble - lol - see you in the postings - E :)

--------------
Elysabeth Eldering
http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com

Do you know your states? If you think you do, come see where the adventure takes you next. Join Matt, Mary Beth, Guy and Jolene as they discover which state they are visiting through a geography trivia game. Book 1 of the 50-state, mystery trivia series, State of Wilderness now available for purchase - www.4rvpublishingllc.com/store.htm and through amazon.com and b&n.com. Ask for it at your local book store.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hey! Congrats on the new job! that's great. I evidently havent been keeping up with your blog like I should either! Glad its going ok! Not sure about the whole mouth full of jewels thing though, but let me know if you figure it out! lol

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home