Monday, August 31, 2009

Happenings

I accidently defrosted a turkey last week, so today we had Thanksgiving in August. It took all day, but I brined and roasted the turkey, made mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, dressing and gravy (that was a bit on the salty side.) I even made a chocolate Dream Pie for dessert. Color me dead-dog tired.

Last night Zachary told me that he is reconciling with Ali and she's pregnant. In short, I'm going to be a grandma in April. That's something you don't hear every day.

So, I invited them over today and we had Thanksgiving in August together. And we re-took our family photo for the Christmas cards this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Master of My Own Small Universe said...

Mmmm... turkey.

And the dressing was TO DIE FOR!

I'm not a huge fan of dressing, but this was AMAZING!!!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hey, thanksgiving is great ANYTIME! :-) and um, congrats I think on the new baby! At least babies are fun! Hang in there grandma! it will be ok!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home