Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A temporary descent into wild optimism

At the risk of jinxing everything, I must admit I'm beginning to love my job.

I enjoy the people I work with on a lot of different levels. It's like having a smorgasbord every day; I have a variety of interests and each person there seems to appeal to a different one. Very nice.

Even the drive is pretty cool. I am not a morning person (those of you who know me are laughing at this gross understatement). Working a traditional job seemed anathema to me because I hate having a set schedule. But this one is easy because I just go in after I drop the kids off at school, no problem, no stress. I shoot for 8:30, but as long as I get there before 9 it's all good. I usually make it before 8:45. It's a great commute. Thirty miles of country highway. Only a transplanted suburbanite can truly appreciate the joy of seeing trees and pretty scenery on the way to work instead of non-stop traffic, idiotic drivers and endless concrete.

Still, I've heard myself on the radio. I'm convinced the only reason they're keeping me is because no one else will take the job.

Oh well. It beats the heck out of Walmart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home