Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Let me eat cake

Weight Witches didn't work for me. I've gone back to assaulting cakes for the time being.

I'm going to try circuit training and see if that helps perk me up. (Although there are parts of my body that laugh heartily at the word "perk".)

The cruel irony of getting older is the physique is not what it used to be, but the maturity level to enjoy it is in full swing.

I think that's why men go for younger women - they're not onto them yet. Most young women are so image-conscious they focus completely on pleasing the man, the performance, what does he think of me? Older women know that men - for the most part - are just looking for a warm body that says yes. We've had the years of being used, and it's boring. A smart, mature woman will say or do what she needs to enjoy the ride. And a lot of men are intimidated by that.

Thank heavens for the ones that aren't!

I guess the happy medium is coming to terms with the fact that exercise won't give me back the body I used to have, but it WILL give me the stamina to do what I like.

And leeway to eat more cake.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

hey but there has to be some great exercising in cake assaulting. All that hand-mouth action has to count for something. And once you have perfected it, you can start teaching classes on it! It could be the alternative to WW!! :-) Sorry that didn't work out. I know alot of people that just loved it and some that they lost a few but that was it. My doctor, who is male, is a huge fan and has lost a ton of weight. Which brings me to a question....why can men lose it so much faster than women?? that's just not fair! Oh well, what can you do?? :-)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Well honey, I am sorry about the cake, you can't blame that cake on me. :-) Even though I do make the best cakes.

WW isn't for everyone and I am glad you stuck it out with me for as long as you did, but hey at least you are willing to go workout with me, I think it will be great for us, we have endured walking as long as we have. It is to the point when we don't go walking I feel like I am cheating on you. Freaky huh!

Karma is a bitch huh! Damn stretch marks, price to pay for having the best kids in the world. And ours couldn't love each other more.

4:18 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

Cas,

I've been overweight all my life and the best I felt was when I lived in Charlotte, NC, and one of my co-workers and I would leave work and go walk in the park and I really was feeling good about myself (of course that was almost 20 years ago, hard to believe).

Recently my daughter and I have joined Curves and we are really enjoying it - that may be the place to look for the workout - and keep assaulting the cakes - lol - E :)

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home