Saturday, June 09, 2007

What can I say?


Nothing.

My 20 year-old son, Nathan Barrett Litton, died yesterday in our backyard swimming pool. He drowned for no apparent reason. He had been in the backyard alone for about 10 minutes and some friends came over and found him floating face down. He was pronounced dead late yesterday afternoon when paramedics couldn't revive him. I was in a car on my way to the airport in Spokane, Washington.

I got back to Houston at 6:30 this morning. Now I have to put together pictures for his memorial service that will be on Sunday. It's 3:30 am and I'm still wearing the same clothes I had on yesterday.

The earth is still spinning, I'm still breathing. But I will never be the same.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:46 AM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

Oh Cas,

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers and thoughts to your family. You don't look old enough to have a 20-year-old. I pray that your family will grieve properly and will never forget your son. Please keep us posted on yourself when you can - E :)

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Cas.

J.

10:09 AM  
Blogger psycho_aide said...

Cas I am so sorry to hear about your loss. If you need anything just call.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Future Mrs. Gibson said...

Simply, I love you..

Nothing I can say will make it better for you...

Just know I am here.. for whatever it is..

I just do not know what to say..

other than I love you and your family, like my own...

4:57 PM  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

I love you Cas. If you need anything I am here. Call anytime. I did change my number and I will send it to you. It doesn't matter what time it is just call if you need to talk. I love you!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss Cas if you need anything just let us know and we will be there.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassie,

Our hearts and prayers are with you, Rob, the kids and the entire family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. We love you so much !

Dwayne & Jennifer

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home