Wednesday, August 29, 2007

C.A.D.

Yes, for those of you who missed it, today was Cassie Appreciation Day. (Although some of you appreciate me more than others - smooch.)

I was treated to a day of full body aligning and re-adjustment, massaging, de-toxing, and de-worming. Yes, you read right. After today, any lurking parasites residing in my body are dead. Mitch told me so.

My friend Dana is a massage therapist and health nut who just happens to be married to Mitch the Chiropractor. Yay me. They invited me down to their office in Clear Lake for C.A.D.

First, Mitch rubbed me down like a tough side of beef, then cracked my spine, shoulders, wrists, and ankles. It felt better than it sounds.

Then I was given a fizzy cup of vitamin C water to gulp and it was off to the candlelit massage room. Soothing music and the sound of a tabletop water fountain serenaded me as I lay facedown and naked under cool, smooth sheets, ready to be marinated. Dana oiled me up and did a great job massaging out my knotted muscles while we chatted away.

One short hour later I had to get up, (I hate that part), and get ionized. Mitch did a detox procedure on me called ionCleanse. I put my feet in what looked like a pedicure bath and he placed an electric gizmo in the water and sprinkled salt in with it. The gizmo charges the water and the charged particles are supposed to be absorbed into my feet through my pores, circulated through my body attaching to waste particles and dragging them back out through the pores in my feet. I don't know about all that, but I do know the water started off clear, then turned yellow, orange, brown, and finally, black and foamy. Yuck.

Next, I was de-wormed.

Okay. Technically, they didn't call it that. But they did have me put my feet on a device that sent electrical charges through my body that are supposed to kill any parasites that have decided to call me home. I'll tell you if I pass anything unusual over the next few days and we'll all know it worked.

I felt great.

But wait - the best part was yet to come. Dana and her daughter, Devon, whisked me away for a sushi and sake lunch. Mitch had a patient, so he met us later. It was delicious and we had a great time. That's when they told me it was in honor of Cassie Appreciation Day.

I'm home now, my headache is back, the kids hate riding the bus, and we're out of cat food.

It was nice while it lasted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simply Jen said...

You deserved every minute of your special treatment!!! I'm glad that you finally had a day to relax!!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home