Friday, October 03, 2008

The runaway bride, er... wedding, I mean

My unplanned wedding seems to be getting more planned every day.

It started as an elopement, turned into an at-home family affair, and has now evolved into a catered, full-blown outdoor extravaganza. Yippee-skippee.

My sweetie's last wedding experience was lots of money and lots of RSVP's that didn't show up, so he is estimating a low number of attendees. My experience has been that for every one person who says they're coming, three show up.

Whether we like it or not, some forethought is called for in this situation.

I hate when that happens.

2 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

lol - so unplanned to planned. Don't you know you can never get away without planning something. Hope you have a beautiful day for you wedding. Hope your friends and family show up (just as you expected) and that you have enough food and wine to feed everyone. Don't overdo it. KISS (keep it simple sister) comes to mind.

Take a break from the wedding plans and consider yourself tagged - stop by my blog http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com and play along or not if you don't feel inclined. But enjoy yourself.

If you feel like visiting and following my children's series, stop by my other blog http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com and see what we are up to - E :)

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the stress & freak-outs we shared the first go round, but it all worked out great & we all had a good time. let loose and enjoy it...The universe will help it all fall into place again and all will be well and just. I'm just glad you finally found "him". love ya.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home