Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Rockin' the GP situation

Okay, here's the thing, lest there be any misconception based on my last post. I am going to be a fantastic grandparent. Grandparenting is the ultimate reward (and revenge) for all those years of thankless parenting.

My kids may only remember that I broke a wooden spoon on their butts and the stuff I never let them do, but my grandkids are going to remember how much icecream I let them eat and how fun it is at grandma and grandpa's house. I can't wait!

I will play with them, watch cartoons all day and let them stay up way past their bedtime. When their mom and dad are being mean to them, they can call or come over and I'll listen with endless sympathy and baked goods.

At last I get be dessert, good cop, delightful partner in crime, the voice of unreason.

Oh yes, it will be good. (Insert evil laugh and much rubbing together of hands in gleeful anticipation.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home